…Of your Rockwall Jazz Bands! They represented you well at Collin College tonight.
Hey everyone! Here’s what tomorrow is gonna look like:
- 1:15pm – meet at the band hall to load equipment
- 1:45pm – depart for Collin College
- 3:15pm – Jazz Band enters warm up
- 4pm – Jazz Band performs
- 4:15pm – Jazz Orchestra enters warm up
- 5pm – Jazz Orchestra performs
- 6pm – load buses for Jason’s Deli
- 7pm – load buses for Collin College
- 7:30pm – Concert (tickets provided) featuring Andy Martin!
- 9:45pm – load buses for Rockwall
- 10:30pm – Home
We will have students call when we get close. These times are approximate. All parents are welcome to attend! JFND!
The Orange Wave Band needs your help. Next Saturday, February 22nd, is our first ever Swing Spectacular fundraiser. We have two amazing jazz bands and some really great friends who are competitive swing dancers, and we figured it would be a great way to celebrate the wonderful American art forms of jazz music and swing dancing. Doors open at 6:30 PM at the Rockwall High School Cafetorium. We have heavy hor d’oeuvres from Ruby Tuesday, free swing dance lessons, a live DJ, and the best live, big band jazz and swing music this side of the Village Vanguard in New York City, all of this for just $20 per person in advance. Tickets at the door will be $25 and six person tables are available for $150. Businesses or families who choose to reserve a table for six for $150 will be advertised with a sign at the table and recognition in our program.
In truth, our advance ticket sales have been less than expected, so we are extending our deadline through this week. You can help. The Swing Spectacular will be a fun event. Adults and students are all welcome. Many business have donated items for our silent auction, and I am certain that you don’t want to miss out on this evening of great food, music, dancing, and most of all, fun. The money we raise will go to support the entire band program at Rockwall High School. In this day of tight budgets and rising costs, the burden of keeping the music alive in our schools and community falls on us. You can purchase your tickets from any band student or online at RockwallBandBooster.com. Come one and all to the first-ever Swing Spectacular.
Band Booster Meeting Tomorrow Night, Thursday, February 6th at 7:00 PM in the Band Hall. If you still need to purchase your tickets to the Jazz dinner and swing dance you can purchase them at the meeting. See you there.
Swing Dance Spectacular on February 22nd
The time is drawing near for our 1st Annual Swing Dance Spectacular on Feb. 22nd!
* Order forms for Swing Dance tickets sales were given to band students last week. If you need another form look in the bin by the door in the band hall.
* All band and winter guard are highly encouraged to sell tickets to students 9th-12th and to adults. Students who are not in Jazz Band will need a ticket to enter dance.
* Band student order forms are due to Mrs. Wallace on or before Friday, February 14th. Order forms with tickets will be given back to students in separate envelopes with names (like our Dallas Stars sales) the following Monday.
* After Friday, Feb. 14th, please do not turn away additional sales. Either turn money into Mrs. Wallace using the same order form or have them purchase tickets online at http://rockwallbandbooster.com
TICKET SALES -
* We need all band students to sell as many tickets as possible. Our goal is 300 tickets.
* Tickets purchased from band students are $20/person or $150/ “Reserved” table for 6 (with 6 tickets).
* Tickets via PayPal – are available through February 19th. PayPal does charge us for using the service so PayPal tickets are $22/person or $156 for reserved table for 6 (with 6 tickets).
* Tickets at the door will be $25/person.
PARENT VOLUNTEERS – contact event chair James Streeter
at 469-338-1904 firstname.lastname@example.org
DANCE DETAILS -
DATE: Saturday February 22nd
TIME: 7:00pm – 10:00pm (Doors open at 6:30pm)
LOCATION: Rockwall High Cafetorium & Annex
ATTIRE: Vintage attire encouraged. (Dress nice)
We will have heavy hors’ d’oeuvres, our awesome jazz bands and a DJ along with a silent auction and loads of fun for the evening! BONUS – free swing dance lessons throughout the evening thanks to Mr. K’s great contacts!
Event questions – contact our event chair – James Streeter at 469-338-1904 email@example.com
Silent Auction questions or to donate items – contact Kristine Scarborough ~ 214-616-7290 firstname.lastname@example.org or Deena Lytle ~ 601-299-0120 email@example.com
Please do not hesitate to contact us or message us via Facebook at http://facebook.com/rockwallband
VOLUNTEERS – We will be meeting again for planning on Thursday, February 6th at Culver’s on Ridge Road in Rockwall.
Read about it here:
If you haven’t already heard, Evan Cedor won a chair in the TMEA All State Band last Saturday at UT Tyler. He will join Jon Phelps who previously won a chair in the TMEA All State Symphony Orchestra. Wow, how ’bout these band kids!
Please find the attached All Region Band Schedule. Thirty-two Orange Wave Band Members will represent Rockwall High School at the Region III Clinic and Concert next Thursday and Friday. We will miss school all day Friday.
3:00 PM – Students released to the band hall
3:15 PM – Bus departs for Forney (We will stop somewhere for dinner before we go to the rehearsal)
9:15 PM – Bus departs Forney
10:00 PM – Students arrive at Rockwall High School
7:30 AM – Students report to the RHS Band Hall
7:45 AM – Bus departs for Forney
See attached schedule for specific details regarding Friday’s events and concert schedule
10:15 PM – Bus returns to RHS
Lunch times will depend on which band your student is in. We will take students to a lunch site and students should bring a few bucks to buy their lunch (maybe $10). After lunch, students will return to rehearsal. Following the afternoon rehearsal we will bus all students to the concert site at Forney High School. The Band Boosters will provide dinner at the concert site (probably Chic-fil-A sandwich, chips,a cookie, and water.) I would like to encourage parents to attend their student’s concert. Students should wear the concert “Black and White” uniform. Please bring it with you on Friday at the beginning of the day.
Have a great MLK day on Monday and as always,