The RHS Jazz Bands had the honor of performing for the inaugural Silver Jacket Silver Hawk breakfast club. They got some cool shots of the band! Click Here to see the article.
- We have marching rehearsal this Thursday after school until 5:10pm. We will rehearse with the drill team and rehearse for our football game performance Friday night.
- Friday – football game in Tyler. Students are going to be dismissed from class at 2pm. Students will need to change into their band shorts and orange band shirt. We will load the truck and buses and depart for Tyler at 2:30pm. Once we arrive in Tyler, we are taking the band to eat at CiCi’s prior to the football game. After we finish dinner we will depart for Rose Stadium, where the students will change into their uniform before we enter the stadium. Following the game, students will change out of their band uniform and we will depart to return home. We will send a Remind101 and e-mail with our departure time so parents, you can make sure to pick up your child once we’ve arrive back at RHS.
- Don’t forget the time change this weekend :)
- Wind Ensemble tubas have a masterclass with Dr. Baker on Monday morning starting at 8:30am
- The next trip payment is due next Tuesday, November 4th, in the amount of $217.00.
- We are still coordinating with the drill team on what day we will have rehearsal next week. As soon as we have that set, I’ll e-mail everyone and let you know the day.
- STARS Game, next Thursday, November 6th. Be looking for a separate e-mail from Ms. Wallace with those details.
- Senior Recognition Night will be next Friday night, November 7th, vs. Garland HS.
Director of Bands
Rockwall High School
AREA C 6A Marching Contest Schedule
Saturday, October 25, 2014
8:00am Attendance block in uniform, minus jacket and hat. Black band shorts and show shirt underneath uniform for this performance. Please make sure you are wearing black long socks that don’t have any color or images printed on them. (Students please make sure you eat a good breakfast)
9:00am End rehearsal, load truck and check inside inspection full uniform
9:40am Depart for Mesquite Memorial Stadium.
10:40am Begin Warm-up in North Warm-up Area
11:10am Leave Warm-up
11:30am Have our best performance to date!
Following our performance, load truck and buses and depart for RHS. Once arriving at school, students will change out of uniform jacket and pants. Please make sure you hang up your pants and jacket!
1:00pm Lunch/cookout at school – provided by our boosters. During this break, we will also listen to judges comments and prepare for finals competition.
3:00pm Load buses with uniform in bag
3:30pm Depart for Mesquite Memorial Stadium
5:15pm Recognition Ceremony and announcement of the 10 finalists
7:30pm Finals begins
Depending on our finals time, we will feed the students dinner either before our finals performance or after our finals performance.
If we don’t make finals, we will load buses and come home.
10:30pm Awards ceremony and announcement of advancing bands to State
Admission is $5 and that covers both prelims and finals
Tournament of Champions Schedule
Saturday, October 11, 2014
Attendance block in uniform, minus jacket and hat. Black band shorts and show shirt underneath uniform for this performance. Please make sure you are wearing black long socks that don’t have any color or images printed on them.
End rehearsal, load truck and check inside inspection full uniform
Depart for Standridge Stadium in Carrollton. (Students are welcome to eat a light snack on the bus if they choose to bring a snack)
Check-in, unload and get ready for warm-up
Have our best performance to date!
Load truck and buses. Students will change out of uniform pants and jacket. Please hang your pants and jacket up on your bus window or drape over your bus seat. You will need to stay dressed in your band shoes, black socks,band shorts and show shirt.
Lunch/early dinner (Students need to bring money for their meal)
Return to Standridge Stadium for Awards Ceremony
Finals Awards Ceremony
Load buses and head home
Arrive home. GO HOME AND COLLAPSE!!
1330 VALWOOD PKWY
CARROLLTON, TEXAS 75006
Parking – All spectators will park on the south and southwest side of the stadium. (Handicap parking is available on the west side.) Parking is free and there will be parking coordinators to assist all traffic entering the stadium lots.
Admission – Admission to the stadium will be $7 for spectators and free for children12 and under. This fee will allow for entrance and exit all day throughout the contest. You can purchase a program for $3